I can’t express how excited I am for spring. There are two times of the year that I am infatuated by the seasons. I am quite convinced that Heaven only has two seasons, spring and fall. The air is crisp and warm with an occasional breeze. Isn’t that similar to the way we view life? There are many seasons of life that are more favorable than others. There are times of planting and harvesting that can be so exciting and fresh, similar to the fall and spring seasons. (more…)
I absolutely love springtime. The earth seems so eager to show off what was hidden during winter. Now the rains have come, softening the ground, allowing the tender shoots to make their entrance. Blooms are now popping up all over.
Even driving down my neighborhood street is a treat for me. I get to take in all the beautiful dogwood trees, cherry trees, azaleas, and tulips that adorn the various lawns as I wind through the curves and hills. (more…)
“How does she do it?”
“How does he keep going?”
If you have been a Christian for a length of time, people may have asked how you do it.
- How do you get through a trying season with your teenager with your relationship with them in tact?
- How did you manage going through such a heartbreaking divorce?
- How do you manage being married for so long?
- How do you not fall apart when given devastating news about your health or a loved one’s health?
- How do you make it in a job you hate?
- Why are you so faithful when there are bad things happening to you or to your loved ones?
- How can you be so calm when the world is in such turmoil?
These questions are asked quite often; if not out loud then certainly in some minds. (more…)
Resurrection Sunday has past. After three days and three nights in the grave our Savior rose from the grave.
Last week we shared the gospel with our followers. This week we are going to take up the cross and follow Christ.
We are almost to Easter Sunday! This is the week we reflect on what Christ did for us on the cross as we prepare to celebrate His resurrection on Sunday.