As an expectant mother, the first time you hear your baby’s heartbeat on the doctor’s heart monitor is exciting. Even more exciting is seeing their little body on the sonogram screen. That’s when everything becomes real. From that moment on, nothing separates you from your child’s heartbeat or the love you have for them.
In Romans 8:38-39, the Apostle Paul tells us that nothing can “separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” It’s as if our heartbeat becomes a part of Christ and from that moment on, no matter what we do, we’re joined with Him. Isn’t that a great promise to hold onto?
Paul certainly had reason in his flesh to question this love, considering all the trials he went through—shipwreck, beatings, hunger, and imprisonment—but he testified to God’s unconditional, unending love. He described this love in Romans 5:6-8 when he said that while we were still powerless and sinners, Christ died for us. That’s how God demonstrated His love for us.
We can relate to this somewhat on a human scale in the realm of parenting. Your love is unconditional, and you’ll move heaven and earth for your child. There’s nothing like a mama bear, even if she’s human. When you consider the fact that the kind of love God demonstrates is even greater, one of a supernatural quality, it’s mind-boggling and humbling.
In a world filled with broken relationships and dysfunctional families, is there any better love than that of our Savior? He loved us even to the point of death on the cross (Philippians 2:8). His presence in our heart brings us eternal life. I don’t know about you, but that’s what helps me persevere and serve Him.
Was there a time when God’s love saw you through a trial or
encouraged you when the world told you otherwise?
Please leave us a comment.
- Wisdom Of A Godly Father - June 28, 2017
- God’s Solution For Being A Worrying Mother - May 24, 2017
- The Last Supper And Jesus’ Quandary - April 10, 2017
- What Hagar Reminds Us About God - March 22, 2017
- The Heartbeat That Keeps Me Alive - February 22, 2017
- Time Trials and the Effect on Our Spirituality - January 25, 2017
- Christmas Traditions and Grief: The Empty Seat at the Table - December 30, 2016
- Finding Peace In The Holidays - November 23, 2016
- Do We Value Our Elderly? - October 26, 2016
- Life Is Fleeting: Are You Living It To Please God—Or Man? - September 28, 2016