Resurrection Sunday has past. After three days and three nights in the grave our Savior rose from the grave.
Last week we shared the gospel with our followers. This week we are going to take up the cross and follow Christ.
How does taking up the cross look to you?
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. (Matthew 16:24-25 KJV)
What does it mean to carry your cross?
Jesus wasn’t talking about carrying our burdens. He is asking us to make a stand for Him. He wants us to trust Him enough to go where He wants us to go and “share the gospel with every creature.”
Even if that means going so far as facing persecution or even death to follow Christ. He wants us to give our lives to Him.
So for today’s prompt let’s Take Up Our Cross.
What will you do to take up your cross and show your commitment to Christ today?
Write a post and link up with us below.
Don’t have a blog? We would love for you to share your thoughts with us in the comments.
- What Being a Mom Looks Like - June 15, 2016
- Warm Hearted Wednesday LinkUp- Who Are You? - April 6, 2016
- Who is the Real Fool? - April 1, 2016
- Warm Hearted Wednesday #LinkUp: Take Up Your Cross - March 30, 2016
- Warm Hearted Wednesday Link-up: Share the Gospel - March 23, 2016
- How to Explain the Cross to Children - March 11, 2016
- Warm Hearted Wednesday LinkUp – Prepare the Way of the Lord - March 9, 2016
- Warm Hearted Wednesday – Spiritual Spring Cleaning - March 2, 2016
- Warm Hearted Wednesday Link-Up – Who Do You Love? - February 24, 2016
- A Part of God’s Family - February 19, 2016