Dear sweet child of mine, I love you. Those are the first and the last words I want to tell my children.
You are my heart.
From the day I conceived you and found out I was going to have a baby, until this very day, I have loved you with more love then I even thought was possible. I didn’t know I could love anyone as much as I love you.
When I was pregnant the second time, I thought, “Can you really love another child as much as you love the first?” and the answer is, absolutely!
Having a child helps us understand how God loves everyone the same. He doesn’t love one more than another. His love was revealed to us over and over. It’s through the love of Christ that we can love these precious children God has given us.
I wish I had counted all the prayers I prayed for you. I would guess I’ve said more prayers than days you have been alive. Daily people ask me to pray for them, and I always try to remember to keep them in my prayers.
But I never forget to pray for you. You are my child.
Remember when you used to call me Mommy? A child is always on the mind of their parent. Remember the times you were trying to get away with something and you didn’t think I knew what was going on?
I know you will do the same for your own children.
Tears have streamed down my face in your presence, and in the privacy of my prayers. I have protected you and prayed for you. When you wanted to go your way instead of God’s way I pleaded with God to keep you safe, to lead you, and show you the best way. He hears and answers my prayers.
Yes, I know I am told by Jesus not to worry, because it only takes years from your life, but baby, I have worried. I know I shouldn’t have.
God was protecting you, but it is so hard letting go of you.
This is a big world. Forgive me for holding you too tight. Forgive me for not preparing you better.
I hope you will forgive me for all the messages I preached to you. I am a preaching, teaching mom.
You thought you were ready too early and I knew you weren’t, but I had to let you go.
Mamas try to safeguard their kids as long as they can because we know when you actually do spread your wings and fly from the nest, it’s hard.
I knew you would struggle, but it humbles you; I knew you would be frightened, and I was scared for you. I know how hard it is to make it on own your own.
I tried to prepare you. Remember when I had you call to see how much apartments cost monthly, along with the deposit, the power, and water bill? Not to mention cell phone, food, gas, and everything else you have been used to having.
You thought you could do it. You weren’t ready, but you tested me. You pushed me one too many times. I had to let you fly. I had to let you try.
But you did it. You survived. It wasn’t easy, but just look at you now.
The day you said, “Mom, I need your help,” was the answer to my prayers.
I felt the pain of the father of the prodigal son when his child was gone.
I saw the faithfulness of God when you were coming home.
If I could shield another young person from mistakes that many make, I would provide them with some of the things I have learned from experience.
- God loves you. You are the apple of His eye.
- You are a gift from God to your parents.
- The enemy is not your parents. They are on your side. Believe it or not, they were once young as well.
- Parents don’t want to see you fall and get hurt by life. This is why it’s a good idea to listen. They have some good ideas.
- Prepare yourself and pay attention in school. It really does help.
- Enjoy high school and college; you’ll grow up soon enough and then real life will hit. Don’t rush it.
- Save money. Start a retirement fund while you’re young. Believe it or not, the years fly by.
- Choose your friends wisely.
- Don’t let your friends influence you to make bad choices. One day your friends will be gone and you will still be living through the consequences and regrets. Make good choices.
- Breaking up over and over with the same boyfriend or girlfriend is practicing for divorce. If you have troubles now, marriage won’t fix them.
- Young ladies, why should he marry you if you are living with him or giving him sex? He has no reason to jump into marriage. God’s way protects you from mistakes if you will listen.
- Love God first and He will help you with everything else.
- One day you will understand.
Dedicated to all of my children: Melissa, Clay, Hannah, Ashley and Matthew. I love you. I am thrilled God called me to be your mom.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.”
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017
- Do I Really Need Daily and Annual Goals? - January 4, 2017
- Teach Your Children the Importance of Giving - December 12, 2016
- Why Do We Have Family Traditions? - December 7, 2016