Happy New Year everyone!!!
I have been thinking much about 2015 and the goals and dreams that I had planned, what went well, what didn’t go so great and looking ahead to the start of a BRAND NEW YEAR!! God is so good to give us every breath we breathe, right!
While thinking back and looking ahead, I also remembered something that happened in my childhood.
My grandparents gave us kids great gifts for Christmas! When we were a little older and not so much into toys, they began to give us kids money along with a gift to open. My grandmother taped an envelope with money in it on our boxes and imagine the surprise and delight that we had when we each opened our money card to see a $100 bill.
Talk about feeling pretty rich as a kid!
Except that a $100 bill can be lost and that is a lot of money to lose all at one time. This happened to my cousin one year!!!
The good news, I found out just yesterday after my video was recorded, that the money had indeed been found…just before all the paper bows and trash was burned in the fire!!! whew!! Good save!
This memory came up during my recent reflections and goal setting. There are some valuable things that can be lost in our lives if we are not careful to keep them guarded. Valuable things like JOY, HOPE, PEACE, FORGIVENESS, GRACE!
Have you lost anything of value this past year or years? Good news. Jesus is in the business of resurrecting that which is dead in our lives. I pray that you experience His New Life and Abundance of all things of eternal value in the coming year…
Personally, I am asking God to raise up a Life in me…the abundant, healthy, passionate and whole life that I have somehow lost along the way.
What are you seeking to find that is of great value in the coming year?
As always we would love for you to tell us about it in the comments.
Happy New Year!!
- He Will Never NOT Love You - April 7, 2017
- Who Me? A Grandmother? - March 16, 2017
- Slipping and Falling in Love - February 8, 2017
- Time Keeps on Slipping - January 11, 2017
- Truthfully, We are not Decorating this Year! - December 14, 2016
- Pansies are Happy Flowers - November 9, 2016
- Who Teaches You to Serve Others? - October 13, 2016
- You Say You Believe In God - September 21, 2016
- But Me He Caught - August 11, 2016
- Costa Rican Zip-Line Adventures in Faith - July 18, 2016