Finding time to pray should be easy. We all have an equal 24 hours each day.
If we have chosen to follow Christ and have surrendered our lives to Him, then we have the desire to talk to Him, to listen to what He says and to read the Bible. However, sometimes we struggle and the day is gone and we have spent less than five minutes conversing with the Creator of the Universe and the One who died for us and gave us life.
Here are three quick prayer tips that have helped me over the years to voice intentional and productive prayers. You can choose one or all of them.
ABC and D Prayer
- Admit – you have sinned in some way and ask God to forgive you.
- Believe – Jesus died for you and thank Him for all your blessings.
- Come – into my heart today, Jesus, so I will make good choices and live for You.
- Do – Help me do what You tell me to do today, Lord.
“because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
For more info and printable bookmarks: http://media-missions.com/webpages/ABCPrayer/ABC_Prayer_Bookmark.htm
- Adoration – Tell God how much you adore and appreciate Him.
- Confession – We all fall short. Admit your sins and ask for forgiveness.
- Thanksgiving – Thank God for His love, forgiveness and your blessings.
- Supplication – Pray for the needs of others and your needs and desires.
A: “Praise be to God!” -Psalm 68:35
C: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” -1 John 1:9
T: Always “glorify Him with thanksgiving.” -Psalm 69:30
S: “Make your requests known to God.” -Philippians 4:6
- Surrender – Give everything to God. Lay your life and loved ones at His feet.
- Empty – Empty me, God, of anything you are not pleased with today.
- Love – Thank You for the love of Jesus and help me love others as You love.
- Fill – Fill me up with the Holy Spirit so I can enrich the lives of others.
My pastor taught me this prayer years ago and it has stuck with me. It helps me to remember that this life is not about me. My “self” can get in the way of what God wants to do and how God wants to use me.
I know how busy we all are and I hope you will find a helpful tip today to help you stay focused on your real purpose in life as a believer. We are here to glorify God, our Creator and King.
Jesus taught us to pray like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us today the food we need,
and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one.”
Matthew 6: 9-13, ESV
My desire for you is that you will draw closer to God through your prayers, and when life slows down a bit you will choose to spend quality time with our Lord.
Over the years my prayers have been as short as five to ten seconds to as long as a couple of hours. God is not interested in how long we pray so much as He is interested in hearing from us regularly, so we can get to know Him and His heart better.
For more info about prayer, here is another post I wrote: http://www.askgodtoday.com/2013/10/27/add-prayers-whats-distracting-you/
Life is busy and I respect your time and thank you for hanging out here for a few minutes today. It shows your desire to pray intentionally.
Please leave us a comment and let us know if you have quick tips to improve prayer life for others.
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017
- Do I Really Need Daily and Annual Goals? - January 4, 2017
- Teach Your Children the Importance of Giving - December 12, 2016
- Why Do We Have Family Traditions? - December 7, 2016