Hell. The “H” word.
It’s used so flippantly in our society today. Just a by-word. Not paid attention to- just a joke!
The word “hell” is not seriously thought about by the people who use it or hear it. The reason is
they don’t believe in it. If they did, their words, their thoughts, yes, even their world would change! For in order to believe in hell they must know about it. And once you truly know about such a place, the horrid truth resonates to the effect of making you think twice before using the word so flippantly ever again.
Recently my husband was talking to a young man about his eternal destiny. They had been talking about life insurance and my husband asked if he had the REAL life insurance; the relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior which assures one of living in Heaven with Jesus at the end of this earthly life. He then asked where the young man would spend eternity when he died. The man said he didn’t want to die. He was then reminded that the Bible sayes it is appointed for man once to die. (Hebrews 9:27)
The man said, “Well, I don’t know, but I would probably choose hell. I want to be there with my friends partying and having a good time!”
This man’s answer is astonishing and sad. It proves how Satan blinds the eyes and hardens the hearts of men so they cannot see the ramifications of their choices. In fact, he doesn’t want anyone to believe in him, for as mentioned above, the truth about him and his hell are all too horrible.
So, what is the truth about Hell and why do people go there?
People wonder but nobody asks. To find out,we must look at the source of absolute truth; the Bible, God’s holy Word. Hell is the designated place for Satan (Lucifer) and his angels who rebelled against God and were cast out of Heaven. (2 Peter 2:4a) Since then Satan has been luring and tempting people, starting with Adam and Eve, to do things their own way and leave the way of a loving God who gave His son, Jesus to die for them. Hell is the place of eternal separation from God and His grace. That’s what Satan lost.
Sadly, people do go to hell. Why?
Anyone who goes against God and rejects His Son Jesus will go to this unmentionable place reserved for Satan and his angels.
This sounds harsh doesn’t it? However, we must remember God is HOLY and only that which is holy shall enter into Heaven to spend eternity with Him.
What is Hell like?
Hell is a place of torment. It is a place of eternal weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Luke 13:28) Matthew 13:50 speaks of fire and Matthew 25:30 speaks of darkness.
It is a place of eternal separation from God. How utterly sad that any person would end up there!
BUT, I have good news! That is why He sent His son Jesus to die on the cross and be resurrected, defeating death, hell and the grave – so we don’t have to go there!
To be sure you are not going to end up in Hell, you must accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior.
- Admit you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” We are all born sinners because of the fall of man. We aren’t sinners because we sin. We sin because we are sinners.
- Believe Jesus is God’s son and died for you on the cross. Not only that, but He ROSE AGAIN defeating death, hell and the grave. Romans 6:23 says “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life”. Jesus is God’s gift to us who took our sins upon Himself so we would not have to die for them. What love He has for us! (John 3:16)
- Confess. “Confess what?”,you say. First, confess to God you are a sinner in need of a Savior and ask Him to take control of your life. Then confess Him openly as Lord!
If you have done this, you are saved from hell! Rejoice in that fact!
- Now make sure you get involved in a good Bible believing church to give you support and good teaching.
Are you sure you will miss Hell? Why?
Please let us know in the comments. I would love to talk with you!
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017