What’s your favorite season? I love spring and summer when life is breathed back into the earth. Colors seem brighter, foods seem to taste fresher, and plants bloom then grow in an array of colors and sizes.
Life. Planting and harvesting. Sowing and reaping.
So much of our history has revolved around agriculture including many of the parables in the Bible.
Galatians 6:7 says, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”
When a farmer plants seed, he is intentional about the crop he wishes to harvest. He expects an apple tree to grow when he plants an apple seed. Or, that cucumbers will grow from cucumber seeds.
He plants and waits expectantly for the harvest.
Sometimes, the young plant will appear in just a few days.
Other times, the results are not apparent right away.
If you are expecting to grow an apple tree and harvest a crop of apples, be prepared for a long wait. It can be six to ten years before the trees bear a full harvest.
What does this metaphor tell us about our actions and how we treat others?
- Sow kindness to reap kindness.
- Sow faith and your faith will grow.
- Sow mercy and you will receive mercy.
The same can be said about actions that have negative consequences.
- Sow unforgiveness and you will not be forgiven.
- Sow anger and you will receive others’ anger directed at you
- Sow gossip and others will gossip about you.
In 2 Corinthians 9:6, the Apostle Paul talked about the cheerful giver, adding, “But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.”
The key to our success is in the harvest. Sowing and reaping bountifully.
What kind of harvest will you reap from the seeds you are planting? You can tell us about it in the comments.
Thanks for visiting Ask God Today. We would love for you to subscribe to our website so you won’t miss any future podcasts or blogs from all our great writers. We have a great time and want to get to know you better. Subscribe here and get a free gift from us. You can also follow our Facebook Page.
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017
- Do I Really Need Daily and Annual Goals? - January 4, 2017
- Teach Your Children the Importance of Giving - December 12, 2016
- Why Do We Have Family Traditions? - December 7, 2016