I want to introduce you to friend and author, Jared Easley. Jared is the founder of “Starve the Doubts” and was recently featured on Entrepreneur.com and Huffington Post as the #1 emerging entrepreneurial podcast.
I hope you will take a few minutes and watch the video interview with him and welcome him in the comments.
Here are some of the highlights of our conversation:
Brenda: Jared can you tell us a little about yourself and share your story of your testimony and . . .”
Jared: I am a “wanttoprenuer” with a growing online business.
Jared is a best–selling author of the book “Podcasting Good to Great: How to Grow Your Audience Through Collaboration.”
Brenda: What exactly is collaboration?
Jared: When I first started building my online brand and opportunities and as I was looking at that beginning process I thought:
“Let me look at the big players and see what they are doing and I can try to connect with them and try to have rapport with them and that will somehow help work through this process.”
What I found was, that’s not true. I met a lot of really smart people who were gracious and generous to give me some time and interview on my podcast, but it wasn’t their job to set me up for success with a business. I tried going to events and trainings and I don’t regret any of that because it helped me along the path.
What I found that works more than anything is, and this is the KEY: It’s collaboration.
Collaboration is working with other people to achieve a goal. When you are working with other people you increase the likelihood of the project to become more visible and the likelihood to have more success.
A pitfall that some people stumble into is, “I am a one man gang, I can just do everything. It’s on me. I don’t have the resources to have people help me on certain levels, so it has to be on me.”
I understand pieces of that.
But there are ways to collaborate with people.
Here are a few tips:
- Be the noticer: Be more interested in what other people are doing, than what you are doing.
- Be nice: Share others posts. Try saying: “Would you be willing to consider checking this out?”
- Find people: Instead of going to people on a higher level than you, find people who are on your level to collaborate with.
If you are interested in learning more info about podcasting now is the time to register for “The Podcast Movement.” The dates are Friday, July 1, 2015 – August 2, 2015 in Ft. Worth, Texas.
Brenda: How many podcasters are there?
Jared: It’s surprisingly low. There is less than 400,000 podcasts in existence. 90% of those are dormant or abandoned. But now, there are more ways to listen to podcasts and more and more people are listening to podcasts because they are so easily accessible on mobile devices, technology and newer vehicles. Podcasting is not going away.
It’s a huge way to share what God has put on your heart to share.
Brenda: How would someone get started on podcasting?
Jared: If you have a blog currently, you could record your blog on audio and share it. Consider do an audio version of your blog. There are free tutorial to teach you how to do it. (He gives these resources on the video).
Check out the video interview with Jared:
Are you ready to collaborate and move forward? We would love to hear your comments.
Thanks for visiting Ask God Today. We would love for you to subscribe to our website so you won’t miss any future podcasts or blogs from all our great writers. We have a great time and want to get to know you better. Subscribe here and get a free gift from us. You can also follow our Facebook Page.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017