by Tammy Karasek
Have you ever shown up for work, whether a volunteer project or paid job, with a bad or less than excited attitude and just decided to do the bare minimum that was required of you?
Yeah, me neither!
Okay, so that’s false! I have to say that I’m not proud of the fact that I have done so more times than I’d care to admit.
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
But what’s the difference, right? The job was done. What’s the problem?
Well, there’s a big problem. Whether you have raised your hand to volunteer for a project or have been hired and will be paid for a job, there are certain expectations for the task. I’m pretty sure when you were asked to do either job, the person offering it did not say, “Hey, I have this opportunity and I’d like you to show up when you feel like it and if it’s okay with you, you can give me 50% productivity. Are you interested?”
I’m quite sure that has never happened. I think we’d all agree that though it may not be said out loud, what is implied is that we will show up and give our all 100% of the time as best we can.
“But wait, I have a rough boss to deal with,” you might say. Or “You don’t know the conditions I work in.” I’m sure you could give many other reasons why it may seem difficult to give any job your very best.
But what if we change our thought process?
Hear me out on this. What if whatever we say or do, we give it our best because we know that we’re doing it for God’s approval? Who cares if your boss doesn’t seem to appreciate what a great job you did on the project? God does! So what if the committee you volunteered to be on doesn’t notice the extra work you’ve done for the good of the team and project? God noticed!
That, my friends, is what matters the most. We all need to do our best because God is our boss or leader on each and every project we do. Ultimately, we answer to Him and do everything in His name.
So whatever you do, do in the name of Jesus. Then thank Him for the opportunity to serve Him in that way.
Will you join me in changing our attitude where we work or serve?
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017
- Do I Really Need Daily and Annual Goals? - January 4, 2017
- Teach Your Children the Importance of Giving - December 12, 2016
- Why Do We Have Family Traditions? - December 7, 2016