by Tammy Karasek
Do you tend to take charge without considering others on your team? Or do you feel overwhelmed and unneeded when someone on your project is a stronger personality? To be honest, I have felt both ways.
And I was wrong.
Let me explain.
“And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
As the scripture above states, we are called to be one body. That means we must work in unison, together. Not only work together but have peace in our hearts and be thankful for the opportunity.
There are times when someone has to be in charge. If that’s not us, we have to be able to work together and be at peace about it. Even though the person in charge may not be willing to let others assist them, we need to do our best to serve alongside him or her.
Because when you think about all the various parts of the human body, each has a unique responsibility to work in conjunction with the other parts. When all parts are working together, the body works smoothly. When there is an issue with a body part, or it is missing, it becomes more difficult to accomplish certain tasks.
Such is the case in the body of Christ. We can’t all sing in the choir – who will rock the babies? We can’t all teach – who will be the students? We can’t all be missionaries in foreign lands – who will minister to the people around us here in our communities?
The point is we must stop feeling like we have nothing to offer, that our ideas aren’t worthy to share or our gifts and talents aren’t what this project needs. Or the opposite – that we can do it all by ourselves. Every part of the body of Christ is necessary. Whether we’re called to leadership or to be a worker bee, we must serve with a peaceful and thankful heart.
What about you? Will you choose to accept that you ARE important to the body? Will you have peace about that? And will you have a thankful heart for the opportunity to serve together?
Let’s all pray that God will instill within us the ability to serve with a peaceful spirit and a thankful heart.
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017
- Do I Really Need Daily and Annual Goals? - January 4, 2017
- Teach Your Children the Importance of Giving - December 12, 2016
- Why Do We Have Family Traditions? - December 7, 2016