A few weeks a ago I posted an interview with Brooke Lynn, the author of “Raised by Strangers.” Well, guess what? She is back again. Brooke has written a post to share with you about how she overcomes life’s frustrations. So. once again, I ask, please show Brooke some love in the comments below.
Sometimes I feel like throwing up my hands, saying “I quit!” and giving in to my frustrations. It’s during these times I need the realization that God is hard at work around me, but so is the enemy. What helps me to see through these difficult times is prayer. In every moment, every situation, in everything good, bad or indifferent, prayer makes the difference. “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18)
We may want to give up on prayer when we don’t see immediate results. Remember, “we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7) Doubt will lead us into negative thinking and emotions. We have to stand upon the word of God and believe He will answer our prayers according to His will and that He knows the bigger picture.
Realizing and acknowledging we hold the power in choosing to pray will set us free. Life is full of choices. Every day we live in the results of our prayers. When we look around, we can see answered prayers. Our relationships have been restored, our bodies have been healed, we have new jobs, our children are making better choices, and the list of answered prayers is never- ending.
It can be hard to trust God with our prayers when our past is full of failure, disappointment and pain. However, when we do trust God and surrender ourselves to Him; our anxiety, fear and worries can be replaced with a peace that surpasses all understanding. Our faith increases and trust opens the door for God to work in our hearts and lives. During intimate moments of prayer we can experience the divine presence of the Holy Spirit overwhelming us with an outpouring of His love, peace, power, and a surreal transformation igniting our hearts. There is no feeling in this world that can replace the peace of our amazing God! Prayer is time we can spend in worship giving thanks and honoring God. Prayer is as essential to our Christian walk as air is to physical life.
Four Effective Prayer Tips:
1. Commit: We must be willing to dedicate and commit ourselves to a daily time of prayer. We can pray anytime or anywhere for any amount of time. Prayer is simply talking to God. We can talk out loud or quietly to Him in our mind. God hears our unspoken words. We can creatively pray by typing a letter to Him or keeping a journal. We can pray alone, with someone, or in a group. Journaling our prayers in a notebook is a valuable tool. It helps us stay focused and we can look back to see all the amazing prayers God has answered. Having a committed relationship with God, including daily communication, is essential to increasing our faith and deepening our desire for Him.
2. Believe: “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matthew 21:22) Believe your prayers do and will make a difference. Our faith is not in ourselves or in our prayers. Our Faith is to be in GOD and that He will answer our prayers according to His will. When we pray believing God will take care of us and our needs, we are surrendering our lives to Him and trusting our Creator to work all things out for our good. Believing that God will take care of us lessens our stress, anxiety and worry. We stop relying and depending on ourselves and others, knowing God is ultimately in control and working on our behalf. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)
3. Trust: Trust that God is always working on your behalf. Just because you don’t see your prayers answered immediately does not mean they won’t be answered. Trust that God is doing something no matter what you see. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.” (Proverbs 3:5-8) Having trust can also be said as having confidence. We have confidence in God that He can do anything. He is BIGGER than everything that comes our way and anything we face. God is for us and not against us. (Romans 8:31)
4. Persist: The enemy would love nothing more than for us to give up. God gives us strength and peace to carry on. It’s okay to feel down, but we don’t have to stay down. Pray and press into God. “I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” (Philippians 3:14)
I pray this helps you grow closer to Jesus and you will begin to see changes in your life because of God’s faithfulness as He hears and answers your prayers.
Lord, I pray you would please increase our faith. Show us where we have any doubts and where we do not trust you. Reveal to us when we try to make things happen ourselves. You are in control and we are not. Let faith rise up in us today in the name of Jesus! Thank you, God, you hear and answer our prayers! Amen!
My name is Brooke Lynn. I am a writer, nurse, and a health and wellness enthusiast. I transparently reveal my life experiences, struggles and triumphs with abuse, poverty, marital demise, parenting, and eating disorders helping others find the courage and strength for healing. I educate and create awareness about eating disorders sharing my 26 year battle and recovery. I have served as a children’s praise and worship leader, worked with middle and high school students, and also served on church prayer teams with a heart for intercessory prayer. I passionately motivate you into a deeper level of faith while encouraging you to love and accept yourself. I reside in the Washington D.C. area, have been married for eighteen years and I am raising two teenage children.
Thanks for visiting Ask God Today. I would love for you to subscribe to our website so you won’t miss any future Podcasts or blogs. We have a great time here and I want to get to know you better. You can subscribe here!
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017