“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2 (NIV)
I have a Joy challenge going on through email and a private Facebook group. I would love for you to join. You can sign up here: 28 Day Joy Challenge
I am so excited about everybody who has stepped up to try to live more joyful lives, even when we have difficult days.
3 Ways you can challenge yourself to have more daily joy!
1. Take your thoughts today and ask yourself is it true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.
2. Get out of your head today. Do not worry! Instead of worrying about your problem, pray and lay it at the feet of Jesus.
Our thoughts can steal our joy.
Sometimes, we may find ourselves thinking of all the things that could possibly happen or go wrong, which in turn bums us out. My sweet husband, Jeff, tells me sometimes, “Get out of your head, Brenda.”
It is called worry. We are borrowing trouble off tomorrow before tomorrow even gets here. Half the time what we worry about never even happens, does it?
God wants our thoughts to be focused on Him first and foremost every day.
3. Practice handing your thoughts, problems and everything to Him today. Try to picture yourself giving your situation to Jesus, whatever it is!
As a result of being obedient to this practice, He promises His peace will be with us!
Join the challenge here and you will start walking in the freedom of JOY!
To go deeper, my book, “Joy Beyond, 28 Days to Finding Joy Beyond the Clutter of Life,” is available through my website here or on Amazon.
Hey. I would love for you to sign up for more posts from me. I love connecting and get to know people. Subscribe so you don’t miss anything. You will receive a FREE download called: Joy For Your Journey.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017