As a parent we try to teach our kids everything we know. But, I feel like such a failure at times. By 19 years old my son should know how to clean a spot up in the carpet, shouldn’t he? But yet, instead of using carpet cleaner he used Clorox Bleach. Yep, that’s right…spray bleach.
Ugh…now I don’t just have a spot of spaghetti in my office floor, but I have a little spot that is lighter than the rest of my carpet.
Yep, where did I go wrong? Haven’t I taught him better than that? Obviously, not.
Because there it is. A little white spot in the floor.
When we clean with bleach cleaner it may permanently leave a spot in floor.
When we try to clean up our lives without Jesus we may appear clean but it is not permanent. Jesus will clean up the dirty spots in our life and it will be permanent. He is the only One who can clean our lives up.
The beach wasn’t the right cleaner for carpet but Jesus is the right cleaner to clean up our lives. He will leave a permanent spot in your life.
Have we chosen Jesus to clean up our life? Or have we just sprayed something on us to make us smell better, to look better but the stains will start popping back up at a later day? Through Jesus we can be made clean. purified from all unrighteousness and have a permanent eternal life in heaven.
“Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.” 2 Corinthians 7:1
1. What do I need to clean up permanently in my life?
2. What stains am I hiding?
3. Help me God to know where to start.
I will send a FREE download of the first week of Joy Beyond to the person who is the 5th one to leave a comment.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017