“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
There she is…my beautiful baby.
She looks like a precious little china doll. She has a smidge of red hair on the back of her head and red eyebrows. Her dad and I were hoping she would have red hair like me. I was instantly in love with this baby. I had carried her for 9 long months, anticipating this day; the day she was born when I would get to look at her, touch her, hold her, snuggle and feed her. It was all worth the wait. There are no words which can describe the overwhelming emotions of a mother.
From the time you hold your child in your arms for the very first time, you find an amazing love in your heart. It is the most wonderful, unconditional, “touch your heart” kind of love!! You know what I mean moms? As a mom you are so proud of this beautiful little child who God has given you.
Just think how proud our Heavenly Father is of the One He created. He knit Him together by His hands in the virgin Mary’s womb! His son was Jesus. He fearfully and wonderfully made Him! He came as a baby, just like you and me. His works are wonderful! All the days were already planned and written out for this child’s life even before one of them came to be.
So it is with the child you birthed or adopted. Before you even hold this sweet little child, God already has a plan for his or her life! He has given this child to you for a period of time to be their mother or father. You were chosen by God. He has entrusted this child to you to love, discipline, teach, guide and train in the way he or she should go. So, what is it we are supposed to train our children to do? As a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ I believe we should:
1. Teach and instruct them in God’s Word daily.
2. Teach them to pray.
3. Teach them by example how to love, trust and listen to God.
4. Teach them to obey their parents and authority, which over time teaches them to be obedient to the Lord.
5. Teach them to memorize scripture.
6. Teach them to serve, by living a life serving in front of them.
7. Teach them they have a calling in life not just a career, by exposing them to different things.
You are growing little disciples for Christ and this should be our main focus as parents when raising these children to adulthood. Pray daily for them by name and lay them at the feet of Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to draw them to our Savior! We can be praying they fall in love with Jesus. If they fall in love with Jesus, they themselves will strive to live a godly life for Him.
We cannot write the testimony of our children, only God can. Remember He has a special plan already planned out for them. Even when we mess up, God
can pick up the pieces. He chose you to be the parent of that child for a reason. Never take that for granted. He trusts you. Do you trust Him?
What have you done to train your children in the way they should go? If they strayed away from the Lord at some time in their life, have they returned? Please leave a comment.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017