“Awake, Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever. Why do you hide your face and forget our misery and oppression? Rise up and help us; rescue us because of your unfailing love.” (Psalm 44:23, 24, 26 NIV)
Where is God? Why didn’t He answer me when I prayed?
Have you ever experienced the feeling that you have been left all alone?
Have you ever felt God is sleeping and not paying you any attention? Have you wanted to say, “Wake up, God?”
How do I know if He cares about me?
I am sure that some people believe, “It’s great that God is saving the people in Africa and healing them, but what about me and my family?”
DON”T FORGET ME LORD! I need you too!!
I imagine we all probably sense at some point in our life that God doesn’t really care, or He would fix my problem. I know, I have. At one of the lowest times in my life I wondered…”God, do you really love me?”
Many people walk away from the Lord because He doesn’t immediately answer their prayers and they think, “well, it didn’t work for me.” One thing God is NOT, is a Jeanie in a bottle or Santa Claus. He doesn’t give us everything we want.
People have always struggled with their belief in who Jesus was. Even the people who lived in His day, walked the streets with Him and saw Him perform the miracles. We are just skeptical by nature. Jesus was real! Search the evidence, there is plenty. We can’t live on someone else’s belief, we all have to find our own faith. Many times, however, it takes going through a hardship in life to discover that we can’t make it on our own. We NEED the Lord!
He has a purpose for allowing us to go through hard times.
We may not understand when we are going through them, or possibly ever understand why they occurred. But, many times God is trying to teach us a lesson, test our faith, or draw us closer to Him.
God has not forgotten you. He loves you and has a plan for you!
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 121:1-3, 7, 8 NIV)
Actually, He has better plans for us than we can even imagine for ourselves. We just don’t always follow after His will, and end up messing things up.
When you are feeling forgotten or that God is not there, what should you do?
Here are several steps to press in to the presence of the Lord:
1. First ask God to help you overcome your unbelief. Mark 9:23-24
2. Read the following verses in your Bible. John 3:16, 1 John 5:4, 12
3. Bow your head and ask God to forgive you for doubting. Eph 1:4,7-8
4. Write the following verse on an index card or piece of paper. Luke 1:37
5. Tape that verse on your mirror in your bathroom and read it everyday for a week.
6. Wake up tomorrow and everyday for the next week and ask God to help you trust Him, even when you don’t understand. Prov 3:5-6
“What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:23, 24 NLT)
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 NIV)
“Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:5, 12 NIV)
“Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.” (Ephesians 1:4, 7, 8 NLT)
“For nothing is impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37 NLT)
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5, 6 NIV)
Please leave a comment and let me know how you have overcome your doubt or unbelief. Also, if you are struggling with something, leave a comment and I will be happy to pray for you.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017