How Predictable are you?
Do your family and friends know what you are going to say before it even comes out of your mouth? Do you get up at the same time and go to bed at the same time? Are you predictable?
We do the same things, every day, day after day and week after week. We prepare the same meals and even eat the same foods every week?
We all are creatures of habits.
We like what we like and we do what we do. We go to the same restaurants, sit on the same pews at Church and watch the same television shows week after week.
Predictability is defined as “the quality of being predictable”. Too funny! I never have liked looking up definitions and the word (or part of it) is in the definition to define it. So basically, it is doing the same thing over and over and it turning out in a way that might have been expected or anticipated.
Sing a NEW song!
Psalm 96:1 says, “Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.”
I read this scripture recently during my Quiet time with the Lord. The devotion really made me reflect on how I am not only predictable to my husband and family, but how I am predictable to the Lord. God wants us to sing a NEW song. When we do the same things over and over, or sing the same Worship song over and over, it loses it’s meaning and we can become complacent. Sing a new song!
God knows my heart.
He knows how much I love Him. However, He also knows I pray predictably the same things everyday, for my husband, our 5 kids, our son-in-law and grand baby.
My prayers also consist of praying for health, protection, provision, finances, jobs, and for God to use me. God tells us to keep praying, to pray without ceasing; so it’s okay to pray the same prayers.
Persistency is precious to God because He knows it develops personal belief and trust.
I know God hears me when I call and loves my persistent and predictable prayers. However, I most definitely need to define my prayers and be more specific at times. How about you? God wants to hear me sing a NEW song.
According to God’s Word, He cares about the things which concern us. Tell God what is concerning you today. Ask Him to show you how you can be less predictable in your prayers. Psalm 138:8 says,
“The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.”
Is God predictable?
He says, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8 NIV)
God is NOT predictable. But He is faithful!
If life just gets a little mundane at times, it seems a little boring or predictable; maybe it’s time to sing a NEW song. So how?
40 Simple Ideas for Predictability!
1. Be happy.
2. Pray more.
3. Go for a walk.
4. Don’t nag, fuss or complain for a day.
5. Call, instead of text.
6. Share your testimony.
7. Find a new recipe and surprise your family.
8. Pick a new restaurant.
10. Get up 15 minutes earlier and pray.
11. Call your mom.
12. Buy a gift for somebody…just because.
13. Say something positive.
14. Take a bubble bath.
15. Write a note, instead of sending an email.
16. Call your brother.
17. Open your Bible & read scripture. Try Proverbs. One for everyday.
18. Scratch your spouses back…just because.
19. Take a nap.
20. Sing in your car. Sing in the shower.
21. Volunteer to fix a meal or help at the Church or local missions.
22. Give flowers.
23. Tithe the full tithe.
24. Go to bed an hour early and spend alone time with your spouse.
25. Read a book.
26. Call your dad.
27. Don’t answer your cell phone or check notifications, when with someone.
28. Keep quiet instead of spreading a rumor.
29. Light a candle.
30. Sing louder in Church.
31. Be a good finder (find something good about those around you).
32. Initiate time with your spouse and be creative. Don’t be predictable.
33. Sit somewhere different at Church.
34. Call your sister.
35. Get down on the floor and play with your kids.
36. Speak to a stranger.
37. Invite a new friend to dinner. Don’t wait on others to invite.
38. Call your son or daughter.
39. Memorize a verse. Now share it on Facebook, or Tweet it.
40. Bow on your knees and pray. Try praying The Lord’s Prayer.
Ask God Today:
Thank you God for hearing us when we pray. Help us Lord become less predictable. Help us sing a NEW song. Give us the desire to become a blessing to our spouse, our family and friends. Help us to bless a stranger Lord. We only have one life Lord, show us your purpose and help us to make a difference in the lives of others. We praise you and want to give you all the glory and honor. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
Please leave a comment below if you can add to the 40 ideas or if this has encouraged you in some way.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017