As I wake up in the morning with my sleepy face and crazy hair on, I make my way to the kitchen for a good cup of coffee before it’s gone. My husband has it set so it’s already on.
According to my hubby, “Husband’s making the coffee is biblical, because the Bible has a Book called “He brews”. Haha! I can’t argue with that and go right along with his logic.
After pouring me a cup of coffee and loading it with cream and sugar, I head to my office and get my Bible, journal, and IPad to start my devotion. My IPad has my Bible on it as well and I love all the different versions. I find the two, coffee and Jesus, go perfect together and come first thing in the morning for me.
I love me some Jesus and I love me some coffee! What about you?
So, how is coffee like Jesus?
1. They are both ready for you when you get up! With the automatic timers on the coffee maker, you just set the time and it’s perked and ready to pour first thing in the morning! Jesus is waiting and ready for you as well, to come meet with Him when you first wake up. Thank you for waiting on me Jesus!
2. Wakes you up! When you start your day with coffee and Jesus, they both wake you up! Coffee physically wakes you. Jesus wakes you up spiritually. He wakes you up to all of our imperfections and shows us the way to make our life better! He wakes you with the promises of God! Promises of hope, love, joy and peace! Wake me up Jesus!
3. Fills you up! If you drink enough of the coffee you will begin to fill full, until you have enough, but you are always ready for another cup the next day! Jesus fills you with His love and Spirit! The song, “Give Me Jesus” by Jeremy Camp says, “In the morning when I rise, Give me Jesus. You can have all this world, just give me Jesus.” He IS enough! All you have to do is ask Him to fill you and He fills you up so your cup runneth over! Just give me Jesus!
4. Warm to your spirit! Coffee is always best hot. I don’t like it when it starts getting cold. I don’t eat Coffee ice cream either. It’s just better when it’s hot! Jesus also warms your spirit and will embrace you with His love. There is nothing like feeling the warm embrace of Jesus’ spirit wrapped around you. I have cried out to Him and told Him, “Lord, I just need to feel your presence and your embrace.” Hold me Jesus!
5. Sweet to taste! Now, I like my coffee sweet, really sweet. Same as I like my sweet tea. So, I load it down with sugar and keep tasting it until I have it just right. Jesus is sweet too! As the song sings, “Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word”. The Psalm says, “How sweet your words taste to me; they are sweeter than honey. (Psalms 119:103 NLT) From “Sweet Baby Jesus” to the bittersweet Cross, He is the Jesus I love! Love me with the Cross, sweet Jesus!
6. Gets you motivated for the day! Jesus and coffee help get me motivated to start my day. We need motivation everyday to face whatever is next on our agenda. It’s needed to sometimes just get out of the bed to face the day. But, whatever you need to motivate you, try coffee and Jesus, they will give it you! I need you to motivate me, Jesus!
7. You know when you didn’t have yours! I don’t know about you, but when I, for some reason don’t get my coffee in the morning, I can tell. I guess it’s the caffeine I miss. That extra boost of energy. You start the day off dragging. It’s the same with no Jesus in the morning. When for some reason, maybe an early morning meeting or appointment, and I don’t get to have my special quiet time with the Lord, my day starts off missing something. When you are not able to put on the Full Armor as mentioned in Ephesians 6, you are starting your day without the extra protection needed to face whatever is ahead. It definitely makes a difference in our attitudes, kindness and love we give others. Don’t let me forget you, Jesus!
So…for the love of Jesus go get your coffee and sit down with Jesus and let Him love on you, speak to you, lead you. Let Him whisper sweet goodies in your ear. Be still and listen!! He’s got something to tell you! I love my Jesus and I love my coffee! How about you?
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017