All of my children are over the age of 15, up to the age of 25. It is very rewarding as a mother to see your kids as young adults. I am super proud of my kids. Like most families, we have been through some challenges over the years. As I look back, I can see how they grew and have matured into young adults. You can look at their lives and see how God kept His hand on them, even when they were pushing it away trying to do it their own way.
Do you want to encourage your Mom?
1. Give your mom a big ole HUG!! Hugs, hugs and more hugs. Just give me hugs. I love it when my kids start hugging me first. It speaks volumes when it is important enough to them, to stop whatever they are doing to give mama a hug. Not just a little hug, but a big bear hug. So, give your mom a hug.
2. Call your mom just to check on her. Ask her if she is having a good day, how she is doing and how she is feeling. Show interest in what is going on in her life. Sometimes, we tend to forget when calling our mom’s they have a life too. We just pour out our hearts and interests to them without remembering to check on them first. Listen to her. Really listen.
3. Call your mom just to talk. Don’t ask for anything, just talk with your mom. I love it when my kids call me just to talk. They don’t need or want anything, they just want to talk or tell me about their day. I love to hear them excited about what is going on in their life.
4. Ask your mom for her advice about something. I love it when my kids seek me out to get my advice, it shows they value my opinion. We won’t always have our moms around so get their advice while you can. Soak up all you can from them.
5. Tell your mom you love her. This should go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway; Mom, I love you! We all love to hear the precious words, “I LOVE YOU”! Tell her everyday if you can. Buy her a card telling her you love her. Mom’s love cards, bought or homemade with love. Write her a poem expressing your love for her.
6. Spend time with your mother. Go by and see her. Take her to lunch instead of her taking you. Go shopping together and watch her pick out something she likes, then buy it for her. Take a walk. Do something together she enjoys.
This is written in honor of my mom, who rose to meet the Lord face to face on January 9, 2010. She fought cancer until it finally beat her. Now there is no more suffering and no more pain. I love and miss you mom! I sometimes pray and ask Jesus to give her a hug for me, to tell her how much I love and miss her. She knew and taught unconditional love for others. She taught me what it means to love life and have fun. She loved us kids and all the grand-kids. I know I will see her again one day. She is dancing at the feet of Jesus, she is walking the streets of gold and living in the mansion prepared for her. I can only imagine the golden streets and the mansions in heaven, but she is living there day after day, for eternity! What a wonderful thought!
“When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.” (Proverbs 31:26-31 NLT)
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s out there! Enjoy your family this Sunday!
Happy Mother’s Day Photo Source: http://www.5minutesformom.com
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017