“Give away today, like tomorrow won’t come” are the words from a Charles Billingsley song. Is it really better to give than receive? What are you holding on to which could really be a blessing to someone else? I had an opportunity this week to tell my son, it is better to give than receive, I started to really think about the word, give. It was the words of Jesus who said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” What can we do to make our world just a little better? How can we let God use us? I want my life to be a reflection of Christ, what better example than the One who gave His life! We all are so blessed and are rich in the eyes of the world.
So, what do you have you can give away?
1. We can give away more smiles and laughter. We definitely need more smiles and laughter in the world.
2. The Billingsley song says, “There are people around me everyday, I’ve got lots of love to give, I’m gonna give it away”. So today, give away your love, in the form of your hugs and kind words. I am so thankful for the people in my life who have been a blessing to me, who have given and poured into me over the years, through their love, hugs, time and gifts.
3. We all have 24 hours in a day, sometimes, it doesn’t seem like enough, but try giving away a little of your time. See if God doesn’t pour out His blessing on you and multiply your time.
4. Give forgiveness, and give it again.
5. Give of your life a little more selflessly and lift your eyes to the heavens, where your help comes from.
6. Give, and it will be given, “you can’t out give God”. Maybe, God has tugged on your heart recently about giving to a certain person or helping out a ministry project, but you still haven’t given. Listen to the tugging of the Holy Spirit and give. God will bless you! Sometimes, we are afraid to give because, what if something happens and we need the money. God will provide in your times of needs, hasn’t He always? Open up your tightly shut fist, let go and be a blessing. Matthew 25:29 says, “For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance..”
What does God give us?
“Every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father.” God so loved the world, HE GAVE! God is the Master giver.
1. He gave His only son.
2. He gives forgiveness, even when we don’t deserve it.
3. He gives strength, wisdom, clarity, discernment and a sound mind.
4. He gives us love, joy, peace and happiness.
5. He gives us THIS day and our daily bread.
6. God has given us spiritual gifts and abilities to be useful in building His kingdom.
So, you want to be more like The Lord? God gives and gives! Let Him be your example. Look around you and see where you can be His hands and feet. Be a blessing and GIVE!! So, what are you waiting for?
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” (James 1:17 NIV)
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38 NIV)
I would love to hear your story of giving in the comments.
Thanks for visiting Ask God Today. I would love for you to subscribe to our website so you won’t miss any future Podcasts or blogs from all the great writers here. We have a great time here and I want to get to know you better. You can subscribe here and get a free gift from us.
If you want to discover joy beyond the circumstances in your life. Check out this book on Amazon here!
Bio for Brenda McGraw
Brenda McGraw is a #1 Amazon Best-selling author and speaker seeking to bring God glory! She shares valuable life lessons, and how you can discover joy beyond hardship and the clutter of life in her book, “Joy Beyond, 28 Days to Finding Joy Beyond the Clutter of Life” and on her website Ask God Today Ministries.
Brenda currently lives in South Carolina with her husband, Jeff and three of their five children and has two precious granddaughters. Brenda survived breast cancer at the age of 24, lived through the pain of someone else’s addiction to drugs, and a divorce after 23 years of marriage and recently endured a heart attack. Despite all of this, Brenda found joy in her relationship with Jesus Christ.
You can connect with Brenda at:
Website – http://www.askgodtoday.com
Twitter – @BrendaMMcGraw
Facebook Author Page:
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/101962638910979648954
Email – email@example.com
Photo source: www.fromupnorth.com
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017