Do you remember hearing the sound of a baby giggling? It has the remarkable effect of making you laugh. When you hear this sweet little person for the first time experience laughter, it is so hilarious, it makes you cry. I’ll never forget my first child, Melissa, when she laughed for the first time. Her daddy was playing with her and kept calling her his “little hound dog” and she just giggled and giggled. We laughed at her until tears were rolling down our cheeks. My little grand-daughter Evie, laughed at me for the first time when I would say “bacon, bacon, bacon”. She just cackled. We were in the grocery store and I didn’t care who saw me making a fool of myself trying to make her laugh. It was just too funny!
As I think about the laughter that comes when you are with a baby, I think, what else are happy sounds to us. The cry of a newborn baby brings such joy and relief. Birds singing on a spring morning, children running and playing with excitement, the people cheering at a ballgame after a home-run is hit, the ocean waves rolling in, an angelic voice singing beautifully, the “Wedding March” as the beautiful bride makes her entrance. These are a few sounds that bring happiness. What are happy sounds for you? Maybe it’s Christmas music, or the thrilling scream of someone you love opening a gift. Perhaps a happy sound to you is the sound of the airplane you are on landing safely. Whatever that happy sound is, it usually brings joy to our heart and a smile to our face. We need more laughter in our world! Don’t you agree?
Solomon, the man known as the “The Wisest Man” whoever lived, shared truth in Ecclesiastes 7:14:
“When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider this:
God has made the one as well as the other.
Therefore, no one can discover anything
about their future.”
You may have good days and bad days, but take heart, the same God that gave you the good day will bring you through the bad times.
God designs good and prosperous days. These are days that we should give thanks to the Giver and rejoice in your heart. Treasure and hold tight those happy days, keep them close to your heart. Be joyful, be cheerful, and be thankful! Enjoy prosperity while you can and enjoy God’s favor as He gives. But, remember just as the sun doesn’t shine all the time, the sunshine will not always last, days of rain and storms are inevitable.
If you live long enough you will experience overwhelming times of hardship, loss and devastation. Nothing is certain in this life. Nothing. It’s crazy how we want to blame God when things don’t go right. God made the good days as well as the bad. We need to make the best of the bad times as well. It is actually the hard times, more than the good times, which will make a longer lasting impression on our futures. Submit to God’s will and trust Him!
When going through a hard time try doing the following things. See if it helps you as it has helped me.
1. Pray! Ask God to reveal His plan to you.
2. Rejoice always. In the good and the bad times.
3. Trust, even when you don’t understand.
4. Focus on Jesus and seek His word.
5. Memorize scripture by praying His word.
6. Think happy thoughts and think on things that are good.
7. Write your thoughts down.
8. Believe, “this too shall pass”.
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017