It even goes back to when we were kids. Do you remember standing on the playground and you wait…you are standing there waiting on someone to pick YOU to be on their team. To be accepted. To be noticed.
Or…as a young girl when you go to the dance at the school and the guys stand on one side of the room and girls stand on the other side of the room and you wait. You wait to see if the cute guy is going to pick you or are you just going to be scanned over and the pretty girl beside you gets asked to dance.
We go through life and many times we have the fear of rejection. We don’t want to be turned down. We don’t want to be left out! We don’t won’t to be forgotten. It’s in our nature to be a part of SOMETHING!
What if we aren’t good enough, or smart enough or pretty enough. We compare ourselves to others. We are looking for acceptance. We JUST want to be noticed.
I grew up a redhead in the times that being a redhead wasn’t cool. People WEREN’T dyeing their hair red like they do now. I remember being called names and feeling the cruelty of kids. I remember NOT being picked to be on a team. I remember NOT being the pretty girl that got asked to dance.
Then, WOW! Right when you are feeling overlooked…God shows up and sends someone into your life to lift your spirits, to confirm that your life and your words ARE making a difference.
My life totally changed from the insecure little girl that I used to be! I grew up! I am confident in my faith through Christ! He chose me! He didn’t forget me and He didn’t leave me on the sidelines!! He tells us in 1 Peter 2:9 that we are “His special possession”! He calls us “out of darkness and into His wonderful light”! Praise His wonderful name!!
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017