Ask God…to help you humble yourself. Oooh…that just doesn’t sound fun does it? Well…then ask Him to lift you up. Okay Brenda, I can probably do that since that sounds like it will benefit me. But humbling sounds like it might make me give up something that I like to do or it might make me admit that I was wrong and they were right.
What we don’t realize is, when we humble ourselves we are casting our cares on God! The God who can actually do something about whatever concerns us, wants to hear from us! God gave me this verse this morning and I know it was from Him because I have a heavy heart about something I care about very deeply. God is the only one who can do anything about it. It’s His mighty hand that can change it! In HIS DUE TIME!!
My prayer today is that I will humble myself and my concerns under the Mighty Hand of God! I trust, He in His due time, will answer my prayers!! He will do it in a way that He will be exalted and glorified!! I pray Revival comes!
Vs 7 says “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” In my case, I am not really anxious about this situation, I am just burdened by it! No matter, if you are going through something that you are anxious about or that you just have heavy on your heart, God cares! Humble yourself and lift it up to Him and He will in turn lift you up! He hears your prayers! He cares!!
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. (1 Peter 5:6 NIV)
- Why Do I Really Need Freedom? - July 5, 2017
- Do You Know Who Was the Greatest Father of All? - June 9, 2017
- To the Mom Who is Afraid of Not Being Enough… - May 30, 2017
- Do Moms Deserve Our Honor, Respect, and Love? - May 8, 2017
- What Kind of Godly Mom Are You? - May 3, 2017
- I was Finally Forced to Carry the Cross Too - April 14, 2017
- What Do We Do with Jesus? - April 13, 2017
- How to be Godly Parents When we are Busy Raising the Kiddos - March 8, 2017
- Keep Your Heart Happy. 5 Timely Tips to Prevent A Heart Attack. - February 6, 2017
- David’s Secret Life - January 31, 2017